Sunday, March 2, 2008

University of Wisconsin- and O Brother Where art Thou?

So I went to the University of Wisconsin over the weekend, with my older brother, and I thought it was amazing. I've always loved the schools sports teams, which I try to show on occasion, and now I'm becoming obsessed with there campus. Even in the winter the campus was a delight, the students all seemed happy, even though it was freezing... and the rooms were pretty nice, but what impressed me most was the amount of change that is allowed on campus. You have such a wide selection of majors and classes to choose from, it's a wonder why someone would not like the campus.

O Brother-

O Brother Where art Thou has been kind of disappointing. Although I didn't get to see the end of the movie, I really think that the humor got dry, and that it wasn't very heavily based off of the Odyssey. My most prominent example is the cyclops and the bible salesmen. It is obvious that the two are based off of each other, but the salesmen beats down Delmar and Everett, steals there money, and gets away. Then way down the line they meat again and he is killed most likely by a burning cross. I just think that some of the things don't relate as much as they should or could, and that the movie is getting a bit dry.

No comments: