Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hitchhikers

I finally finished this crazy unrealistic book, and although it was very interesting and rather funny, it was only decent because of all of the crazy terminology and sci-fi words it had. It was really interesting though. The whole book is centered around a book called the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. The book explains how to hitchhike for spaceships nearby, and how it is helpful. Arthur a simple man from Earth, gets tangled into this by his friend when they leave the Earth ASAP because its being attacked and destroyed by aliens. They go around the galaxy getting in trouble and have all sorts of adventures. The book also had many side-stories, and would drift off which by the end I started to like. Last year, when I read "Devil and the White City" that author side-tracked as well, but I hated it because the stories were irrelevant and unnecessary. The hitchhikers guides side-stories were very interesting. My favorite was probably when these people made a super computer that knows everything there is to know in the universe, and they asked it what the meaning of life was. The computer responded to give it a thousand years to come up with the answer and when the time came to answer the question it responded, 42. I thought it was funny and a little bit kooky that these poor people waited a thousand years to be given a number. The book was funny, and I might read the sequels as another outside reading book, but I'm still contemplating if it was really that good.

No comments: