Sunday, December 16, 2007

Shakespeare

This whole post is going to be about how I dislike the play Much Ado about Nothing. I despise this play is the easiest way to put it into words. The main reason though, is because Don John is being evil for the sake of being evil. He has no reason to try to sabotage the marriage, and he has no reason to be evil. He's probably the worst villain ever. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the whole falling in love in a day that Shakespeare continually writes about. Last year when we read Romeo and Juliet they fall in love, get married, and kill themselves in a day. This year, they fall in love in a day, and I'm guessing they are going to get married very soon. That's so unrealistic to the times of today, which makes me wonder why we are reading it. Most of the books we read are classics, which means they will be relevant to the current day forever. This play doesn't seem to have a point, and I rather dislike it.

No comments: