Sunday, December 9, 2007

Shakespeare

After last years Shakespeare unit and play, I feel like I don't need to read yet another play. I don't see the point of learning about one author a lot, instead of learning a vague knowledge of many authors. Although I'm aware that Shakespeare is the greatest play writer ever, his works don't compel me, and more or less are confusing. I think a more modern version of it would be better for class, so I can understand what I'm reading. Also I see no point in watching a video with a worksheet to go with it, because we already got a fairly good amount of information about him last year before we read Romeo and Juliet. I'm not really happy with the selection of readings we have in this class so far, but if I must I'm going to try to make the best of this unit.

No comments: